[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.1 CREATE EXTENSION vs Loading postgis.sql and spatial_ref_sys.sql

Puthick Hok hputhick at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 03:10:50 PST 2015

Thanks for your help. I will put in place some checking to get around this
problem.

On Wednesday, February 4, 2015, BladeOfLight16 <bladeoflight16 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> I have double checked my code 'layer_id' is coming straight from calling
$dbh->primary_key( undef, undef, 'layer');

> Your table doesn't even have a layer_id column. Try this query to be
sure: SELECT layer_id FROM layer;. It should error out saying that the
column doesn't exist. It definitely doesn't have any columns that use
PostGIS data types, so I see no reason why PostGIS would affect anything
related to this table. If you're looking at different copies of your
database, make extra sure that they're really identical.

> Aside from that, I'd dig up some documentation of that function and look
it over; I wasn't able to find any after a few minutes of searching on
Google. PostGIS still seems like an extremely unlikely source for the
problem.