[postgis-users] Getting TopologyExections when trying to node linestrings to create an overlay

BladeOfLight16 bladeoflight16 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 12:43:31 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 3, 2015 at 11:28 AM, BladeOfLight16 <bladeoflight16 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm trying to create a polygon overlay. The basic process is relatively
> simple: 1) Get the boundaries 2) Union the boundaries to node the
> linestrings 3) Polygonize the noded outlines 4) Filter out holes using a
> contains or intersects test. The problem I'm running into is that I'm
> getting "GEOSUnaryUnion: TopologyException: found non-noded intersection
> between LINESTRING" errors from ST_Union.

[a lot snipped]

I haven't seen any response to this. I was just wondering if anyone else
had a chance or intentions to look this over. Granted, it's pretty long and
involved (sorry for that), but I thought all the details I included were
important. I do know it went through the mailing list; someone on IRC
helped me find it in the... I guess it's not the archives; I don't know
what it's called. But the online browsing mechanism. Thanks to anyone who's
taking a look.