[postgis-users] ST_BandPath() returns null or ô on out-db raster

Tumasgiu Rossini rossini.t at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 07:35:00 PST 2015

Hi BBorie,

Out-db rasters referenced with network path do register on postgis tables !
I use it every day.

It was, like you suggested it, an escaping issue :

I have tried the command

raster2pgsql -R -a -F  \\serveur-ad/\raster/\419/\napoleonien/\*.tif
testraster  | psql -U postgres -p 5434 test

and it works. Thanks for the hint !

It is the '\419' part wich causes troubles, I renamed the directory and it
worked with the non-escaped. I think it is because the directory is only
made of numbers.
raster2pgsql might interpret \419 as a single character or something like
that.