[postgis-users] California Shapefile

James Keener jim at jimkeener.com
Wed Jun 10 04:33:07 PDT 2015

With TIGER there are a few things you need.  The ADDR and EDGES records
can be used find the zipcode for an address, and geocoding. I'm not sure
why you need an altitude, you'll have to use other sources, DEM maybe?,
or if lon and alt will be unique enough?

http://www2.census.gov/geo/pdfs/maps-data/data/tiger/tgrshp2014/TGRSHP2014_TechDoc_Ch3.pdf

PostGIS has a geocoder that can work on the TIGER data:
http://postgis.net/docs/Geocode.html

Jim