[postgis-users] postgis_restore.pl

Paul & Caroline Lewis paulcaz80 at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 08:58:44 PDT 2015

Hi,  I'm trying to restore after a Hard upgrade from Postgresql 9.0 and PostGIS 2.0SVN to Postgresql 9.3 with Postgis 2.1 and PointCloud.The back-up dump went fine and the re-installation of 9.3, 2.1 and Pointcloud all fine.This is a LiDAR DB and the back-up dump file is 513GB, so its a large restore job (I'd imagine).Anyway, I've set the following process off:
sudo perl /usr/share/postgresql/9.3/contrib/postgis-2.1/postgis_restore.pl "/storage2/bkup/pg_upgrade.backup" | psql -h localhost -p 5432 -U postgres lidar_db 2> errors.txt
The process gets to:
Writing manifest of things to read from dump file...Writing ASCII to stdout...
and would seem to be stuck as it has been in this state for over 24 hours.Using 'top' I can't see any CPU or MEM values to suggest the process is still working, just very busy because of the large file.
The process creates a new 630kb file called:
pg_upgrade.backup.lst
but it is not getting any bigger.
Basically, should a 500GB+ dump file take hours to restore and should it be stuck in this state for so long??Where could I look for the problem and what solutions might I try.The erros.txt file gets created but its empty 0kb.
Regards,
Paul