[postgis-users] Running PostGIS from Eclipse

Sylvain Racine sracine at igreffe.net
Fri Nov 6 16:24:54 PST 2015

Hi Ruby,

I programmed this afternoon a postGIS query test in C++ with Eclipse. I encountered some issues with the compiler and the linker in order to add libpq library to my project. If it is yours, please refers to this page:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/libpq-build.html

I had to add three flags to Eclipse Mars 1 release 4.5.1 to get a perfect compilation. One is located in Project/Properties/C/C++ Build/Settings/GCC C++ Compiler/Miscellaneous/Other flags. I added '-c -I/usr/include/postgresql ' where /usr/include/postgresql is path returned by typing in a shell pg_config --includedir. The other one is located in Project/Properties/C/C++ Build/Settings/GCC C++ Linker/Libraries/Library search path. I added '/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' where this path is returned by typing in a shell pg_config --libdir. The last one is located in Project/Properties/C/C++ Build/Settings/GCC C++ Linker/Miscellaneous/Other object . I added '-lpq'.

After that, I programmed a parametric query with both non-spatial and spatial fields. Notice that with libpq library, there are two modes to return result: binary and text modes. I chose text mode. Everything worked fine without any error message.

I don't know which language that you program in Eclipse.

Hope that this hint will help you

Regards

Sylvain Racine