[postgis-users] Help with SQL query?

Roxanne Reid-Bennett rox at tara-lu.com
Mon Nov 23 16:46:19 PST 2015

On 11/23/2015 12:41 PM, Darrel Maddy wrote:

> Dear Pierre,
>
> I was not looking for a total solution and I am grateful for the
> suggestion.
>
> Although it may not look like it, I did consult the documentation and
> also I have Regina’s book beside me.  Unfortunately, for me at least,
> both documents assume some knowledge of SQL – which I do not have.  I
> am also trying to do this simultaneously with a large number of other
> things that are new to me.  I do not find the errors reported at all
> informative and consider the query I am trying to perform to be
> relatively trivial and hence I had hoped the structure of the query
> might have been more intuitive.  For others it may be.

FWIW - I don't play with rasters, but this appears to be a pure SQL
thing... add "as rast" like below and try again.

SELECT ST_MapAlgebra(deposition.rast, concentrated.rast, 'IF
concentrated > 6 THEN deposition ELSE NULL ENDIF ' )
as rast

             FROM mymodel.deposition, mymodel.concentrated

             WHERE ST_UpperleftX(mymodel.deposition.rast) =
ST_UpperleftX(mymodel.concentrated.rast) AND

                          ST_UpperleftY(mymodel.deposition.rast) =
ST_UpperleftY(mymodel.deposition.rast)

Roxanne

> I will try not to bother you again.
>
> Darrel

[At other schools] I think the most common fault in general is to teach students how to pass exams instead of teaching them the science.
Donald Knuth