[postgis-users] multiple postgis versions on a single instance

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:08:00 PDT 2015

I'm anxious to try postgis 2.2 (Visvalingam-Whyatt being the carrot for
me).  From my Googling I'm under the impression that I can access multiple
versions of postgis from a single instance of postgres. Am I correct?

When I build and install I don't think I need to change the prefix because
things will go into 2.2 directories, correct?

And if my above understanding is correct, then my last question is when I
create a new database how will I specify the postgis 2.2 extension rather
than the existing version?

Sorry, I realize these are pretty noob questions from a guy that's been
using postgis for a long time...

Thanks,
Rich

--