[postgis-users] TOPOLOGY St_remedgenewface strange behavior

christophe vergon christophevergon-girtec at orange.fr
Tue Apr 12 07:59:27 PDT 2016

HI,

I try to remove edges wich have left_face = 0 or right_face=0 and area of the other face is less than one m².

My request store this edges in a table : topo.tempface0

And after deleting edges: with p as (select edge_id FROM topo.tempface0)

SELECT st_remedgenewface('topo',edge_id FROM p);

I've 1978 EDges in the tempface0 Table.

After 4 hours only 490 edges are treated, and the time to remove a edge raise after each edge treated.

In the topo.edge_data table I've 180 000 Edges, and after 4 hours when I stop the request, I make a vaccum analyse, and the message said : 2 400 000 rows deleted in edge_id_idx !!!

I use the same way to remove edges wich have an area<1 and left_face<>0 AND right_face<>0, I'd treated 100 000 Edges in 45 mm ...

I use postgis 2.0

.... ?

Thanks