[postgis-users] TOPOLOGY St_remedgenewface strange behavior

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Apr 12 09:53:36 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 04:59:27PM +0200, christophe vergon wrote:

> After 4 hours only 490 edges are treated, and the time to remove a edge raise after each edge treated.
>
> In the topo.edge_data table I've 180 000 Edges, and after 4 hours when I stop the request, I make a vaccum analyse, and the message said : 2 400 000 rows deleted in edge_id_idx !!!

Every update to the table leaves an orphaned record that's removed
on vacuum. The topology functions make lots of updates, so you'd
better enable autovacuum and/or automatically vacuum every N edge
deletion.

> I use the same way to remove edges wich have an area<1 and left_face<>0 AND right_face<>0, I'd treated 100 000 Edges in 45 mm ...
>
> I use postgis 2.0

Is that 2.0.0 or which exact version ?
Some performance improvements were added in 2.0.2, for example
(adding indexes on start_node and end_node fields of the edge_data
table, do you have those ?)

Latest release in 2.0 branch was 2.0.7 from last year.

--strk;