[postgis-users] compatible postgis-java tag for postgis-2.2.0 ?

Bandaru Muralikrishna bandaru.muralikrishna at enterprisedb.com
Tue Aug 9 00:12:02 PDT 2016

Hi,

I can see '2.2.2-SNAPSHOT' with version tag in pom.xml from 2.2.1 tag (
https://github.com/postgis/postgis-java/blob/v2.2.1/pom.xml ). SNAPSHOT means
it is in development process, then why using this even though 2.2.1 is a
stable tag ? is there any reason for this ?

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 11:28 PM, Phillip Ross <
phillip.w.g.ross+postgis-users at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Bandaru... since the split from core, the postgis jdbc extensions
> are no longer versioned along with the PostGIS core.  The latest
> release of the the jdbc extensions works fine with postgis-2.2.0.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> - Phillip
>
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Bandaru Muralikrishna
> <bandaru.muralikrishna at enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to build postgis jdbc driver with postgis-2.2.0 sources. I
> > didn't see any postgis-java related files  with postgis-2.2.0 sources.
> > The statement from http://postgis.net/source/ link is saying "As of
> > June 2015, PostGIS JDBC development has been split from PostGIS core
> > and is now on github."  I can see four tags under postgis-java git hub
> > repository ( https://github.com/postgis/postgis-java/ ). So which one
> > is compatible tag for me to build  postgis jdbc driver with
> > postgis-2.2.0 sources.
> >
> > ---
> > Thanks & Regards
> > Murali Krishna