[postgis-users] Postgress.app + pointcloud

Giuseppe Broccolo giuseppe.broccolo at 2ndquadrant.it
Mon Dec 19 01:20:59 PST 2016

Hi,

> As advised, I downloaded and installed Postgress.app (Mac OS X Sierra with
> Xcode 8.1). All works well.
>
> However, I'd like to install and experiment with the pointcloud extension
> as I have a bunch of data from a 3D scan. Since I don't have the dev
> version of Pg, I can't really compile Pc against my Postgress.app. Is it
> possible to find a pointcloud binary somewhere? Or is there another
> suggested path forward?

I generally work just with sources in Mac OS. I'd suggest to compile
PostgreSQL, and then pgPointCloud. I use this:

https://github.com/mnencia/pgenv

that is able to install and configure different PostgreSQL versions
instances, including dev tools, debug symbols, etc., useful if you have to
develop something related with PostgreSQL. I already used PostgreSQL 9.6 +
pgPointCloud 1.1 in my Mac OS X Sierra laptop in this way.

Regards,
Giuseppe.

--
Giuseppe Broccolo - 2ndQuadrant Italy
PostgreSQL & PostGIS Training, Services and Support