[postgis-users] loading raster colour heatmap data or converting to a shape file

dave.potts at pinan.co.uk dave.potts at pinan.co.uk
Fri Feb 5 01:13:17 PST 2016

Hi list,

I have some heat map files which I want to do some spatial analyisis on.

I am wondering what the best way to proceed. I admin that I have never used the raster part of postgis before.

I have two choices

1. Convert the raster files to shape files and load the shape files in to postgis.
2. Load the raster files and have a play with some of the raster operators.

Has anybody got any suggestions as to the best way to proceed?

The heatmap are geotiff files and are correctly geoferenced and can be any colour that I choose.

As a side issue are there any colour combinations that are easier to convert form raster to vector for example would a black/white image digitise better than an image coloured in many different shades of orange?

regards

Dave.