[postgis-users] Installation Problem of postgis 2.1 on OpenSUSE: undefined symbol GTIFFreeDefn

Matthias Wirtz Matthias.Wirtz at gmx.net
Sat Feb 20 08:31:23 PST 2016

Hi there,

I'm trying to install postgis2.1 in conjunction with pg9.3 on a OpenSUSE13.2
system.

When issuing "CREATE EXTENSION postgis" I get the following error:

ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql93/lib64/rtpostgis-2.1.so":
/usr/lib64/libgdal.so.1: undefined symbol: GTIFFreeDefn

Looks like my libgdal1 (1.11.4) does not work with postgis2.1. in the
documentation for postgis2.1 I only found the requirement that GDAL version
1.9 or higher is recommended.

Which version of libgdal1 is really required? Does it matter that OpenSUSE
uses libgdal1 and not libgdal?

Thx.

--
Matt