[postgis-users] pg_restore raster workaround help

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jul 19 09:22:32 PDT 2016

Which OS are you on and how did you install PostGIS e.g. via Package manager or by compile?

Which version are you running?  The script should have been included from PostGIS 2.2.2+ so it's possible you don't have it if you are not running the latest micro version.

The rtpostgis_proc_set_search_path.sql should have been installed in your PostgreSQL share/contrib/postgis-2.2 folder

If per chance it wasn't or you have an older version, I have attached the file.

The statement ""make sure to install in same schema as your backup was installed in"

Means that if say your postgis is installed in schema postgis (when you backed up), then when you do CREATE EXTENSION postgis

You should again install it in PostGIS schema and the script as well.  In hindsight, I probably should have just left that statement out since it causes more confusion than helps.

Hope that helps,

Regina