[postgis-users] RHEL 6 PostGIS 9.4 cannot install

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Jul 27 13:19:04 PDT 2016

Sounds like you are missing EPEL repo.

You can try:

yum -y install epel-release

(not sure if that works for RHEL 6 or if you have to get the report)

Hopefully these directions I wrote up a while ago will help.  I tested on CentOS but should be much the same for RHEL as well.

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/362-An-almost-idiots-guide-to-install-PostgreSQL-9.5,-PostGIS-2.2-and-pgRouting-2.1.0-with-Yum.html

(Also since you are running 9.4 instead of 9.5, you have to just revise your yum to account for that, most of the rest should be the same though)

Hope that helps,

Regina

http://www.postgis.us

http://postgis.net