[postgis-users] topology - topogeo_id <> mylayer.mypk

Garret W garretlewis at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:34:24 PDT 2016

Hi all,

After creating a topology on a trail network, the unique IDs used in my
dataset are not the showing up as they should in relations.topogeo_id.

I tested the data out on a new test table I created directly from the
production data and everything worked fine.

Here are my steps (pretty standard):

SELECT CreateTopology('trails_topo', 3435);
SELECT AddTopoGeometryColumn('trails_topo', 'myschema', 'temp_trails',
'topogeom', 'LINESTRING');
UPDATE public.temp_trails SET topogeom = toTopoGeom(geom, 'trails_topo', 1,
3);

Afterwards Im just using the relations table to join the attributes to the
new topological data.

Ive been able to workaround the issue for now. But I thought I would bring
this up to the user group, hoping someone with better understanding could
help confirm whether it is a bug within the topology extension or user
error.

Here is my setup:
Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS

Postgres 9.5

POSTGIS="2.2.1 r14555" GEOS="3.4.2-CAPI-1.8.2 r3921" PROJ="Rel. 4.8.0, 6
March 2012" GDAL="GDAL 1.10.1, released 2013/08/26" LIBXML="2.9.1"
LIBJSON="0
.11.99" TOPOLOGY RASTER

Thanks for the help
Garret