[postgis-users] PostGIS Out-DB Raster Not Behaving As Expected

Jorge Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Mon Apr 10 11:14:07 PDT 2017

Hi,

According to the documentation [1], if you add the option -l (like -l
2,4,8,16 ), the overviews are created in the database, even if you use
the -R option.

But since you did not use the -l option, I don't know how you can see
the images.

Can you check the layer properties in QGIS? Are any pyramids available
or not?

Regards,

Jorge

Às 16:52 de 10-04-2017, Osahon Oduware escreveu:
> Hi All,
>
> I created an out-db raster using the following syntax:
>
> raster2pgsql -s {srid} -c -R -I -C -F -t auto {absolute_file_path}
> public.{table} | psql -h {host} -p {port} -d {database} -U {user}
>
> The table was created successfully. I wanted to confirm that the actual
> file is being read from the location in the filesystem by performing the
> following steps:
> 1) I moved the raster file to a different location.
> 2) I opened QGIS and attempted to load the raster from PostGIS table.
>
> I was surprised that QGIS could load the file. *How is this possible
> when the actual raster data is not stored in the database table?*

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática