[postgis-users] ST_intersection converting st_linestring to st_multilinestring

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Wed Apr 12 12:29:55 PDT 2017

Hello,

I think this is consistent to have a homogeneous geometry type since a linestring could intersect numerous polygons of a multipolygon. Did you tried the st_dump function on the resulting st_multilinestring ?

(st_dump(multilinestring)).geom will return the different linestrings which compose the multi ones.

Regards,

Hugues