[postgis-users] [GENERAL] Error During PostGIS Build From Source on Linux

Osahon Oduware osahon.gis at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 14:37:03 PDT 2017

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for your response. From the solution you provided, does it mean I
have to build PostgreSQL first from source, before building GDAL from
source?

On Apr 12, 2017 19:24, "Adrian Klaver" <adrian.klaver at aklaver.com> wrote:

On 04/12/2017 11:11 AM, Rob Sargent wrote:

> On 04/12/2017 12:01 PM, Adrian Klaver wrote:
>
>> On 04/12/2017 10:14 AM, Osahon Oduware wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I am working on a Linux OS (Centos 6.5). I built GDAL successfully from
>>> source as below:
>>> ./configure --prefix=/path/to/gdal
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>
>>> Next I built PostgreSQL successfully from source as below:
>>> ./configure --prefix=/path/to/pgsql
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>
>>> I attempted to configure PostGIS from source as below:
>>> ./configure --with-pgconfig=/home/path/to/
>>> pg_config --with-gdalconfig=/path/to/gdal
>>> --with-geosconfig=/path/to/geos-config
>>> --with-xml2config=/path/to/xml2-config --with-projdir=/path/to/proj
>>> --with-gui --with-raster --with-topology
>>>
>>> but I get the following error:
>>> configure: error: PostGIS raster requires OGR to be enabled in GDAL. Use
>>> --without-raster to build without raster support.
>>>
>>> I sure need the raster support to be enabled in PostGIS. Could anyone
>>> help me out with this.
>>>

>> Use the Postgres YUM repos:
>>
>> https://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/redhat/
>>
>> Been  years since I did this but you could (re)build GDAL with OGR as
> requested in the error message.

Did a little digging into this and the magic sauce seems to be:

--with-pg=ARG           Include PostgreSQL GDAL/OGR Support (ARG=path to
                          pg_config)

So something like:

./configure --prefix=/path/to/gdal --with-pg=/home/path/to/pg_config

which on my machine got, among other things:

PostgreSQL support:        yes

rjs

--
Adrian Klaver