[postgis-users] Parallel linestring

Olivier Leprêtre o.lepretre at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 05:02:08 PDT 2017

Thanks Peter,

I managed to reach my goal using ST_LineInterpolatePoint. Starting from Start/End points, I add a new point along each linestring couple every meter until I get a significant offset (let's say 50 cm). Storing the resulting point allows to build lines from start to this new point for vizualization purposes. It's also necessary to consider that start/ending point come from digitization, which returns lines in a random way, important to adjust when using ST_LineInterpolatePoint.

Olivier