[postgis-users] HELP - Geometrycollection - CREATE VIEW - Empty Table

ofoerster at posteo.de ofoerster at posteo.de
Thu Dec 14 04:30:54 PST 2017

Hello PostGIS Community,

I have a Problem. I have a table with a geometry collection (polygon and
point).
QGIS can not read the geometry collection, so I want to create a view
for the polygon type and the point type. My SQL function for the polygon
type looks like this:

CREATE VIEW parcel_polygons AS (
     SELECT
     row_number() OVER(ORDER BY inspire_local DESC) AS OID
     , inspire_local
     , inspire_namespace
     , label
     , nationalcadref
     , areavalue
     , validfrom
     , beginlifespanversion
     , zoning
     , geom::geometry(Polygon, 25833)
     FROM cp_parcel_postgis
     WHERE GeometryType(geom) = 'GEOMETRYCOLLECTION(POLYGON)'
)

I do not get any errors and the view is created. Unfortunately, the view
is empty.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,
Oli