[postgis-users] error while loading dat for tiger geocoder

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Dec 19 05:37:39 PST 2017

The tabblock table load is broken for PostGIS 2.2.2 as I recall.  I think so is tract (though I forget). Tabblock  isn't used for any geocoding or functions packaged with postgis_tiger_geocoder. In later versions I have it turned off by default.  Tract is the only one of the auxiliary tables that is.

I suggest to just turn it off in load to avoid the noise (and to save space turn all the below off) since they are not required for the core geocoder functions

UPDATE tiger.loader_lookuptables SET load = false WHERE load = true AND lookup_name IN('tract', 'bg', 'tabblock');

I think I finally fixed tabblock in 2.4.1, but did not stress test it

Also if you want the newest tiger data (2017), you should be using postgis_tiger_geocoder packaged with postgis 2.4 2.4+.  I think 2.2 load 2015 or 2016 data.
 postgis_tiger_geocoder 2.4+ loads 2017.