[postgis-users] Raster Table Name With Upper-Case Characters

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jul 14 05:36:32 PDT 2017

On 14 July 2017 at 14:27, Osahon Oduware <osahon.gis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mateusz,
>
> I have just tried using the -q option and it works. Thanks a lot. I have
> gone through the doc a lot to resolve several issues in the past. In this
> case it was an oversight as I thought that explicitly wrapping the
> identifiers in quote would give the same result as the -q option.

raster2pgsql is modelled after shp2pgsql, in terms of capabilities,
so you shouldn't need any quoting/escaping gymnastics to tell the loaders
what case of names you want.

It might have been easier if raster2pgsql used -k as shp2pgsql does,
but -k is taken by different option.

raster2pgsql docs on -q could have been clearer though.
Patches are welcome.

Best regards,