[postgis-users] Issue with St_OffsetCurve()

Jibran Khan jibran at envs.au.dk
Fri Jun 2 12:10:16 PDT 2017

Bobb,

My ultimate goal is to compute the street width. By:

1)      getting offset curves at the intersection of polygons and buffer geometry on both sides of street

2)      computing the distance between nearest offset curves from street center line and sum them up

I wonder there could be other approaches to do this as well but for me, this was my initial attempt. Thanks for your suggestion anyways to break the multiline string into line strings and circular strings. I may give it a try to see if this work in my case.
Well, I have datasets containing billions of features and since I am running into query execution time/performance issues so I don’t think that this query would help much with large datasets.

Best,
JK