[postgis-users] QGIS + PostGIS in production environment

Cap Diniz diniz.felipe at eb.mil.br
Thu Jun 15 11:00:04 PDT 2017

Hello,

I am from the Cartographic Production Department from the Brazilian Army,
and we are trying to migrate from ArcGIS to QGIS+PostGIS.

We are currently using QGIS 2.14.15, PostgreSQL 9.2, PostGIS 2.1 and we
mostly do data digitizing over an orthoimage. We have about 50 simultaneous
users in a single PostGIS server, but in different databases and ports (we
use 5 different ports in production, one per project).

I would like to know if there are any tips to improve performance and QGIS
reliability, such as tuning PostgreSQL, changing versions, operating
systems, hardware recommendations, or QGIS specifics.

Regards,
Felipe Diniz