[postgis-users] QGIS + PostGIS in production environment

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 07:14:17 PDT 2017

You mentioned, that you didn't tune Postgres at all ? As in not changing
any memory related parameters in postgresql.conf ??

If that's the case (and I find it unlikely..) I highly recommend that
you take a look at the following http pages:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server or:
http://pgtune.leopard.in.ua/

The last http page is a small web based application where you enter
parameters regarding the number of concurrent users and the server
memory size. It will give you a set of (rough) parameters to change in
the postgres setup. It is *not* a substitute for careful memory
optimization, but simply a fast method to get the ballpark figures for
the most important postgres memory related parameters.

Regards

Bo Victor Thomsen

AestasGIS

Denmark