[postgis-users] Cost weighted distance raster

Spencer Gardner spencergardner at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 12:02:55 PST 2017

I'm looking to work with PostGIS raster to complete some network analysis
using a cost raster surface. I came across this GSOC project from 2012
which was supposed to create functions to accomplish this:
https://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/PostGIS_Raster_SoC_Idea_2012/Distance_Analysis_Tools

Does anyone know the status of this work? I don't see the functions in the
reference documentation for PostGIS so it would appear this work has not
been folded into the main project. The bottom of the GSOC report includes
code to create new functions for Euclidean and Cost-Weighted distance, so
I'm assuming I can just add those to my DB. Can anyone confirm that these
functions work as expected?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Spencer