[postgis-users] Fw: HDF import to Postgis raster

Brent Wood pcreso at yahoo.com
Wed May 24 16:11:38 PDT 2017

Hi postgis users!!
I'm exploring the option of importing HDF grids into Postgis, ideally to serve as WMS via Mapserver.
Never having used PG Raster before, or Mapserver to serve them, I figured I'd ask for advice here first!
The HDF files can be read by GDAL, so I'm assuming an ETL bash script could do the upload easily enough.
I've been serving WMS from Postgis vector data for several years now, so should be able to figure that out. I'd prefer to use WMS than WCS if possible, I'm not sure what the ramifications are.
Any advice, comments, examples gratefully received!

   Thanks,
Brent Wood