[postgis-users] [XX000] ERROR: AddToPROJ4SRSCache: could not parse proj4 string

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Fri Nov 10 13:45:13 PST 2017

No it shouldn't.

So this query works okay for you?

SELECT ST_AsText(ST_Transform(ST_Transform(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(-97.353287, 31.105862), 4326), 2277),4326));

Can you also note what ST_SRID returns for the physical table you loaded.  I presume from your foreign table structure the foreign table srid is 2277.

As I recall from using ogr2ogr, if it couldn't match up an srid with entry in table and you didn't explicitly specify one it would add a new one to the spatial_ref_sys to match the proj4text it computed.
I want to rule out that is happening here.

If it did that then your SRID for your loaded table will not be 2277, but an equivalent one probably using the GRS80 and towgs syntax.