[postgis-users] Getting started with PostGIS Raster

Bell, Brennan Phillip b.bell at jacobs-university.de
Thu Nov 23 17:22:59 PST 2017

Thanks a bunch! The first link is great, and pretty much exactly what I've been looking for - an up-to-date, clear set of examples for ingesting data and processing it.

I have already installed PostGIS 2.4 on a Debian 9 VM with postgresql 9.6. I was able to create a database using PGAdmin3 and successfully added the postgis and its topology extensions via psql. My original issue was that I did not have a database -- I guess I was expecting some sample database to be set up automatically, with some examples to get me started, but I only found the Boundless intro to PostGIS, for which I was unable to acquire the prerequisite software -- doesn't matter anymore as you have given me a more recent introduction in any case.

I'll go through the workshop tutorial and ask again here if I have any more questions. Thanks, again, for your help so far!

Cheers,

Brennan