[postgis-users] Encoding and Collation Question

Aaron Edwards aedwards at b3insight.com
Fri Apr 6 15:05:37 PDT 2018

Hi,

I'm trying to create a spatial layer in GoeServer using postgis.  The problem is that there are a few special characters in the name column (rivers and streams in New Mexico).  In Zuni river, for example, the N has a tilde character over it.  So the labels are all wonky.

What Encoding and Collation would prevent this?  I tried WIN1252 and English_United States.1252, but that prevented me from installing the ogr_fdw extension, and that seemed to preclude the use of UpdateGeometrySRID(), which I need.

Thanks.

Aaron