[postgis-users] Improvement suggestion

Paul van der Linden paul.doskabouter at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:23:46 PST 2018

Thanks for your elaborate answer,, I will have a good think about it.

Just a random thought I had:
As I was doing some experiments with st_intersection, I noticed some
strange thing though.
On our prod. machine (windows, pg11, postgis 2.5.0 (not 100% sure), geos
3.7.0), it takes about a minute to calculate the st_intersection, on my
machine (windows only using libgeos) it takes 11 seconds after my
optimization (15seconds without) and according to Martin Davis at his end
(java?) it takes about 4 seconds.
I don't have any macros defined (I saw f.e. a USE_RECTANGLE_INTERSECTION),
could that be the cause of the speed-differences?
And can it be verified that all code/compiler optimizations are enabled for
the windows builds of postgis/geos?

P.S. can you include me in the cc?