[postgis-users] Error upgrading to PostGIS 2.4.3

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Wed Mar 21 10:18:06 PDT 2018

Yah the libxml2.dll and I assume you meant libxml2-2.dll.  PostGIS needs the
one called libxml2-2.dll and PostgreSQL EDB uses the one called libxml2.dll.
They can be even the same dll.  The libxml2-2.dll I have is dated 7/17/2017
(but like I said if you copied libxml2.dll to libxml2-2.dll that should work
fine.

I upgraded my PostgreSQL 9.6 to EDB 9.6.8 and the 2.4.3 I had installed was
still working so libeasy is not the issue.  I too also have libeay32.dll
(1.0.2n, 12/12/2017)

You copied over the binaries?  You weren't using the installer?  For some
reason on my server, the Stackbuilder hung trying to download the installer
so I just got it from:

https://winnie.postgis.net/download/windows/pg96/buildbot/postgis-bundle-pg9
6x64-setup-2.4.3-2.exe

I still haven't got around to installing on a virgin 9.6.8.  To rule out
it's not just because I've got some other libraries I always use already
installed on my EDb instance.

Thanks,

Regina