[postgis-users] Favorite distribution for OS X?

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Nov 10 17:56:05 PST 2018

I haven't tried plv8 recently with mapalgebra, but the tests I did a while back showed about a 2-3 fold speed improvement over plpgsql and sql.

http://www.postgresonline.com/journal/archives/326-Writing-PostGIS-raster-Map-Algebra-Callback-Functions-in-PLV8.html

Would be interested to see if that is still true today.  I suspect it is as I think the PLV8 engine performs much faster than plgsql and sql for math and string manipulation.