[postgis-users] raster2pgsql binary in apt distros

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Thu Nov 15 11:54:46 PST 2018

I think we can make it a bit easier on them and also easier on people who just want the commandline tools

1)      Right now you can't compile the commandlines without having postgres installed unless you hack the make scripts

2)      It has come to my attention that raster2pgsql has a dependency on libpq.  I'm not sure why it should when I thought it just emits SQL similar to shp2pgsql (which has no libpq dependency).

So this sounds like a dependency that may be accidental.