[postgis-users] raster2pgsql binary in apt distros

Michał Garnysz garnysz.michal at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 23:19:24 PST 2018

I noticed many of things you described and im i doubt there is any clean
way to get it working. It looked like simple task get tar ball of postgres
& postgis and make it work. (was even able to configure and make postgis
but was installation dependant)
I made it run instance just overloading some param -L while executing
initdb - on extracted binaries on clean ubuntu - not 100% all was working
fine but where able to add extension and populate data.

It's sad that you can apt-get all of this in like 5steps, but there is no
way to make it work form one binary (not installed) folder - there are
ready to use docker container db with spatial but it's another dependency
to project (and just for tests it's an overkill)
Or maybe someone prove me wrong, anyone - please :)