[postgis-users] Address Already In Use: bind

Aaron Edwards aedwards at b3insight.com
Tue Sep 11 08:29:31 PDT 2018

Hi,

We're running Geoserver 2.11.2 on Windows, under Jetty.

We configured the service to listen on Port 80, instead of 8080.

Now we can't restart the service: we get the error: Address Already In Use: bind.  There is nothing else listening on port 80.

We can, however, restart the server, and then the Geoserver service starts up correctly.  But if we just restart the Geoserver service, it won't come back up.

Thanks.

Aaron