[postgis-users] ArcGIS desktop accessing and reading from PostGIS

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Wed Aug 21 07:00:48 PDT 2019

Shao,

I had to dig fairly deeply into the ESRI site to find this particular explanation for why the service couldn’t/wouldn’t get connected.  Just to be clear, we do use logins for accessing the database, we just have chosen to use the “postgres” (named) database.

So, I just went and tried to find the refence I found previously, and can’t find it (real quick).  Anyway,as long as you don’t try to connect to the “postgres” database, things do seem to work ok.

bobb