[postgis-users] Under which role should PostGIS ideally be installed?

Zwettler Markus (OIZ) Markus.Zwettler at zuerich.ch
Thu Aug 29 06:26:03 PDT 2019

We installed PostGIS with role (user) a.

When role (user) b tried to call function st_estimatedextent he got a "permission denied" error.

We found the function to be installed within public schema, owned by role a, defined with security definer.

We had to grant role a permissions on role b schematas and objects for getting the function working.

QUESTION:
Under which role should PostGIS ideally be installed?

Is there an installation option having all functions defined as security invoker?