[postgis-users] can not get st_split to work.

paul.malm at lfv.se paul.malm at lfv.se
Sun Dec 22 23:52:11 PST 2019

Hi ,
I've created a point-table (point) where I would like to split the lines in table roads.

SQL:
CREATE TABLE  roads_splitted AS
WITH
blade AS (SELECT ST_Collect(the_geom) AS the_geom  FROM  point)

SELECT fid, (ST_Dump
                           (ST_Split(
                                              a.the_geom, (SELECT ST_Collect(b.the_geom) AS geom FROM
                                                                           roads AS b WHERE ST_Intersects(a.the_geom, b.the_geom)
                                                                           )
                                               )
                              )).geom
FROM roads AS a
UNION ALL SELECT fid, the_geom FROM roads AS a
WHERE  NOT EXISTS (
           SELECT 1  FROM  point AS b WHERE  ST_Intersects(a.the_geom, b.the_geom)
);

I'm getting this error message:
ERROR: Splitter line has linear intersection with input SQL state: XX000

Anyone who knows wat I'm doing wrong? Linear intersection with a point and a line?

Kind regards,
Paul