[postgis-users] can not get st_split to work.

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Mon Dec 23 11:31:02 PST 2019

I don't see your blade CTE used at all and both a and b are roads which
wouldn't work with ST_Split, since the blade needs to be one dimension lower
than the thing you are splitting.

So the error you are getting  "Splitter line has linear intersection with
input SQL state: XX000"

Is because your intersection literally is returning a line instead a point.