[postgis-users] topology cleaning up

Bo Guo bo.guo at gisticinc.com
Wed Jan 9 06:59:45 PST 2019

Hi there,

My street table has road segment geometries from several jurisdictions.
The business rule requires me to build topology not for the entire
table, but on a jurisdiction-by-jurisdiction basis.  I will need to
re-generate the topology when geometry updates happen.

I can rebuild new topology, but that leaves old topology in the topo
tables. So I want to remove the old topology before building new
topology using topology.totopogeom for a jurisdiction. However, the
constraints in and among the topology tables prevented me from the
delete operation.

Since the topology is only managed by the postgis' topology engine, can
I just remove some of the constraints?  This will not only allow
deletion and but improve some operations as well?

Thanks!

Bo