[postgis-users] Request for ideas to enhance the geometry viewer - GSoC

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 17:13:50 PST 2019

Here's an idea which might be a bit out there...

Allow styling/labelling to be driven by columns in the displayed query.
The styling columns would have well-known names which are unlikely to
conflict with data columns.  A nice pattern to follow is the SVG style
names.  So e.g. styleStroke = line color, styleFill - fill color,
styleStrokeWidth = line width, etc etc etc.  styleLabel would be the string
to label with.

This allows styling to be data-driven and easily captured and shared.