[postgis-users] raster regions

Joao Cordeiro joao.cordeiro at inpe.br
Mon Jul 15 07:19:06 PDT 2019

Hi there,

I am not actually a POSTGIS user, or developer, although I am doing some
research of integration of vector -raster in a dbms context. My main
question s about identifying regions represented in a domain like the
"hybrid raster" so that they can be referred to in a query. For example,
I would like to write something like "/*select d from districts where
d.geometry touches flooding*/", where "flooding" indicates an expression
intended to decide on the pertinence of locations to a flooding ​​risk
area described, for instance through map algebra.

Thanks for any hints or suggestions.

Att.