[postgis-users] fail to upgrade from 2.1.8 to 2.2.2 or 2.3.3

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Thu Jun 27 08:59:50 PDT 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 12:46:03PM +0200, olivier.lobry at umontpellier.fr wrote:

> at line 248, substring(upgraded from '[0-9]*\.([0-9]*)\.’) cannot be cast to int since it leads ‘’ because of the « SELECT '2.2'::text as upgraded » at line 242.
>
> replacing SELECT '2.2'::text as upgraded with SELECT ‘2.2.2'::text as upgraded solves the issue
>
> Looks like there is the same problem with any migration scripts from 2.1.xx
>
> Maybe a problem of compilation/debian distribution (since I installed postgis using debian packages) ?

I guess we could just pick the first two numbers and drop the final
'\.' portion of the regexp... What surprises me is that our CI bots
testing upgrades did not catch this issue. Maybe it is only
coming from your old 2.1.xx version rather than the versions
tested by CI (2.1.9) ?

Also, you didn't show the output of:

  SELECT Postgis_full_version()

--strk;