[postgis-users] PostGIS + pgdump

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon May 20 00:27:10 PDT 2019

On Mon, May 20, 2019 at 07:16:15AM +0000, Zwettler Markus (OIZ) wrote:

> We tried to pg_restore this dump into a database with and without pre-created postgis extension. We got postgis errors in any case.

Check out postgis_restore.pl, to be used in place of pg_restore.
Is part of the postgis source, not sure if it is distributed with
binary packages. The script was meant specifically to deal with
these situations. Read more about its usage here:

  https://postgis.net/docs/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade

It needs a "custom format" dump, so if your external source did
not provide you with one you're out of luck.

--strk;

  /\   https://strk.kbt.io/services.html