[postgis-users] Counting intersecting polygons

Brent Wood Brent.Wood at niwa.co.nz
Mon May 27 15:15:59 PDT 2019

At a guess, you are asking for the count(*) from both tables... you only want the count from table 1.

SELECT COUNT(Table_1.wkb_geometry) FROM Table_1,Table_2 WHERE ST_Intersects(Table_1.wkb_geometry,Table_2.wkb_geometry);

Brent Wood

Programme leader: Environmental Information Delivery
NIWA
DDI:  +64 (4) 3860529

[cid:imagee12d55.PNG at cdb06479.44912a6c]<http://www.niwa.co.nz>

Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
T +64-4-386-0529

National Institute of Water & Atmospheric Research Ltd (NIWA)
301 Evans Bay Parade, Greta Point, Wellington
Connect with NIWA: niwa.co.nz<https://www.niwa.co.nz> Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/nzniwa> Twitter<https://twitter.com/niwa_nz> LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/niwa> Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/niwa_science>

To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems.