[postgis-users] breake lines

Martin Davis mtnclimb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 10:36:22 PDT 2019

If I'm understanding the requirement correctly, the problem with ST_Node is
that it accepts a single geometry and nodes all lines in that geometry.

It sounds like what's required is an ST_Node variant which would accept two
arguments: a target geometry and a noding geometry.  The target geometry
would be noded against the noding geometry, and then returned without
incorporating any additional linework from the noding geometry.