[postgis-users] Upgrading PostGIS

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Thu Dec 17 12:46:01 PST 2020

I want to upgrade Postgresql from 11 to 13 and PostGIS from 2.5 to 3.1 on a
Fedora Workstation. Is it possible?

I thought that I could upgrade postgresql from 11 to 13 then just add
postgis, but pg_upgrade apparently wants postgis 2.5. 2.5 isn't available
for postgresql 13.

Another thought was to upgrade to PostGIS 31 on Postgresql 11 first - but
dnf won't let me install PostGIS 3.1 without first removing 2.5. Afraid
that I'd screw up the databases I decide not to go that route.

If you've upgraded from Postgresql from 11 to 13 and PostGIS from 2.5 to
3.1 how did you do it?

Thanks,
Clifford

--